You’re driving around Warrenton in your 2015 Toyota Prius, and suddenly, a warning light pops on. When that happens, you will need to take care of it right away. This list can help you understand what your car is telling you.
- ABS: This light means that your Brake Assist or ABS is malfunctioning.
- Automatic Headlight Leveling System: This light indicates that the leveling system for your automatic headlights is malfunctioning.
- Brake System Warning Light (and Warning Buzzer): This red indicator indicates either a brake system malfunction or low brake fluid levels. It will also go off if you leave your parking brake on while driving.
- Brake System: This yellow indicator tells you that either the ECB (electronically controlled braking) system or the regenerative braking system is malfunctioning.
- Charging System: This tells you that something is wrong with the car’s charging system.
Cruise Control: This warning light indicates that your cruise control or Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (the DRCC) isn’t working properly.
- Driver’s Seatbelt Reminder Light (Warning Buzzer): This warning reminds you to fasten your seatbelt if you have forgotten to do so.
- DRCC (Dynamic Radar Cruise Control): It indicates that your Dynamic Radar Cruise Control system is malfunctioning.
- Electric Power Steering (EPS) System Warning Light (and Buzzer): This buzzer and light go off if there is a malfunction of your EPS system.
- Front Passenger’s Seatbelt Reminder Light (Warning Buzzer): This reminds you that the front passenger needs to fasten his or her seatbelt.
- High Coolant Temperature: It indicates that your coolant is too warm. When the temperature goes up, the flashing light becomes solid.
- LKA (Lane Keep Assist): This shows that your LKA system is malfunctioning.
- Low Fuel Level: It indicates you have 1.6 gallons of gas or less and need to refuel.
- Malfunction Warning Lamp: This symbol shows a malfunction of the electronic throttle control system, electronic engine control system, or hybrid system.
- Master Warning Light: It turns on and flashes if it detects a malfunction.
- Open Door Warning Light (and Buzzer): It tells you the trunk or a door isn’t closed completely.
- PCS (Pre-Collision System): It quickly flashes if the PCS system is operating and turns off if it is disabled. It flashes when the system is malfunctioning or can’t be used.
- SRS: This shows a malfunction in the seatbelt pretensioners, the occupant classification system for front passengers, or the SRS airbag system.
- Slip Indicator: It shows an issue with Hill Start Assist Control, TRAC, or VSC.
- Tire Pressure: It indicates a low inflation of one or more tires.
If you notice any of these warning lights, the service department at Warrenton Toyota in Warrenton, Virginia, can help you. Our team has years of experience working with the Toyota Prius, and we can get you back on the road in no time.